The Aion character server transfer service is back! Now more convenient than ever. The character server transfer service is now available in game, directly from the Black Cloud Marketplace.
You can now setup your character server transfers, check transfer eligibility, check pending transfer orders or cancel pending transfers without leaving the game.
Check out the character server transfer service FAQ and terms and conditions below for more information.
- Where can I transfer my character to?
- Your character can be transferred to any available server, as long as the destination server does not have characters of the opposing faction on your account.
- What will happen to my character's name?
- If your character name is available on the destination server, you will keep the name. If your character name is not available on the destination server, we will rename the transferred character. If we renamed your transferred character because of a naming conflict, we will put a Name Change Ticket in the transferred character's inventory to allow you to rename the transferred character for free.
- How long does a character transfer take?
- Most character transfers are processed the first maintenance following purchase. You can check your queued character's status on the character transfer page.
- Can I transfer a character to another account?
- Character Transfers only occur between servers. They cannot be transferred between accounts.
- How do I check the status of my transfer?
- Once you have purchased the Character Transfer, you can return to the Character Transfer page at any time while logged in to see the status of your requested transfer.
- Can I change my character's appearance/race/gender/class with the transfer?
- No. If you wish to change your character's appearance or gender, you will need to purchase a separate service from the Black Cloud Marketplace. You cannot change your race or class.
- How can I purchase a Character Transfer?
- Characters Transfers can be purchased through our store here. You will need to have the requisite amount of BC Coin in your account to purchase the transfer.
- Can I transfer more than 1 character?
- Yes, but you will need to purchase each transfer individually. Additionally, each character has to meet the eligibility requirements.
- I don't like the server I transferred to. Can I receive a refund?
- At this time, we don't grant refunds for Character Transfers if you change your mind, so be careful which server you choose! You are able to transfer your character to another server after 30 days from when your character was transferred previously.
Items & Character
- What will happen to my BC Coin when I transfer my character?
- BC Coin is account-bound and will not be affected
- What will happen to my Prestige Pass benefits when I transfer my character?
- Prestige Pass benefits are account-bound and are applied to all characters, regardless of which server they are on.
- What will happen to my character's items and currencies?
- All the items in your character's Luna Wardrobe, Personal Warehouse, Pet and Housing storage, and Inventory will transfer with the character. Additionally, any Kinah and Abyss Points will transfer with your character. Luna is an account-wide currency and is accessible to all characters on an account regardless of server.
- I am a Legion Brigade General. Can I transfer the Legion and the items in the Legion Warehouse with my character?
- No, you cannot transfer your Legion with you, and must leave your Legion in order to be eligible for the transfer. You will need to appoint a new Brigade General if possible, or disband the Legion.
- I purchased a Character Transfer and my character is still on the original server!
- Please check your character's eligibility for transfer. There are a number of conditions to be met in order for a character to transfer successfully. If your character has met those conditions and still did not transfer as scheduled, please submit a customer service ticket.
Terms and Conditions
- You cannot transfer a character that has any characters from other servers on its friend list.
- You must have an active Aion® account in good standing to use this service.
- The character you want to transfer must be level 25 or higher.
- After you transfer a character, you cannot transfer the same character again until 30 days elapse.
- You cannot transfer a character that is currently suspended, banned, or pending deletion.
- You cannot have characters of both races on the same server. That means that you cannot transfer a character of one race if you have any characters of the other race on the server that you want to transfer to. For example, if the character you want to transfer is an Elyos, you cannot transfer that character to a server in which you already have one or more Asmodian characters.
- You cannot transfer a character that is a member of a Legion. Your character must leave any Legion it belongs to before you transfer it to a different server.
- A character may only transfer with 7,000 or less Glory Points.
- Characters attempting to transfer with more than 7,000 Glory Points will lose any points above this cap and will have 7,000 points remaining on the new server.
- You cannot transfer a character that has more than 1,000,000,000 Kinah.
- You cannot transfer a character that has any items that are up for consignment with the Trade Broker.
- Items in your account warehouse will not be transferred.
- The name of the character transferred will be unavailable on the origin server (the server the character transferred from) for both you and any other player to use for 30 days from the character transfer date.
- The character name of the character you want to transfer must be available on the destination server (the server you want to transfer the character to), or we will rename the transferred character. If we renamed your transferred character because of a naming conflict, we will put a Name Change Ticket in the transferred character's inventory to allow you to rename the transferred character for free. This Name Change Ticket will be valid for one year.
- If you have requested a character transfer and the character does not meet the character transfer account service eligibility and restriction requirements when we attempt to transfer the character, the transfer will fail and the character will remain on the origin server. If your server transfer has failed, your character will be automatically entered into the next round of server transfer, no action on your part is needed. You can verify the cause for a failed transfer by checking the eligibility for your character on this page.
- Review the Paid Character Transfer FAQ for answers to common questions about this service.
- You cannot transfer a character if you own non-studio housing. You must sell your house in a housing auction, or allow its rent payments to lapse so it is repossessed, before you can transfer.