While these error messages are different, they are similar in nature wherein something on your system or network is interfering with the connection of the launcher.
Here are some of the error messages that you may encounter upon updating, logging in or installing:
- Failed to read content data from the update server. Check your network environment (ISP authentication, NAC, firewall, antivirus and other settings) and try again.
- Error (5664) / Failed to download the file. Check your network environment (ISP authentication, NAC, firewall, antivirus and other settings) and try again.
- Cannot access the file. Another program may be using the file you want to update. Restart the system and try again.
- Failed to receive a response from the update server. Check your network connection (ISP authentication, NAC, firewall, antivirus and other settings) and try again.
For these errors we recommend trying the following Steps:
- Close out any 3rd party processes that may be interfering with the NCSOFT Game Launcher. You can do this by following the steps for the Windows command MSCONFIG here. In addition to this, we ask that you disable or even temporarily remove any security software installed as we have seen these types of programs cause these errors as well.
- If you’re using a router or a wireless connection, bypass all other network devices and connect directly to your Modem with an Ethernet cable. For assistance with this click here.
- If your issue still persists after trying all the suggested steps please submit a Technical Support Request. We recommend you run a DXDIAG first and attach the results to your support help request. For help with how to do this, please reference the KB Article here.